SELECTION AND REVIEW
– The first step of the color grading process is to set an overall look for the project.
– Clients are encouraged to provide visual references or written instructions that convey the look and emotion they’d like to achieve.
– We choose a raw still frame from the video edit that provides a distinct range of colors.
– Next we provide a lookbook with at least 4 distinct looks applied to that still image. The client will choose the look they like the most and note any additional tweaks.
– From there we generate a first pass color grade on the entire edit.
– We upload the rough cut for review on Vimeo, a user friendly video viewing application. Clients can provide feedbacks and comments based on timecode.
– Clients have the option to interface with is in a real-time video format via FaceTime or Zoom. This allows us to skip the delays and miscommunications often associated with long email conversations and hold more in depth discussions. Of course, traditional phone conferencing is still an option.
Digital and Streaming:
– From the smallest of file sizes, to 4K we know that each streaming platform requests unique specifications.
– We work with you to create files which meet the demands of each platform while retaining the best picture and audio quality possible. Hulu, Facebook, Amazon, Youtube, and Instagram are just a few of the many platforms we service. If there’s a new platform, we’ll help figure it out.
GET IN TOUCH
Ready to start your next project with us? Let’s connect so we can figure out what you need.
We deliver high quality products with the willingness to go the extra mile, our experts have thousands of hours of industry experience.